LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kishor   07 June 2017

High society maintenance

I have my property in Pune. I have taken the possession of the flat in Jan 2017 and paid society lifetime maintainence charges to the builder as until now the society was under bilder maintainence. Just after that suddenly I came to know that the society was formed and handover was taken over by the builder. The amount society received from the builder was Half of the amount everyone paid for the Lifetime maintainence like me. The Society is 3-4 years Old but I am being the newest member of the society. Now the society commitee decided that every member has to pay10000 rupees per month towards the maintainence charges of the the society as the Builder has used half of the corpus funds for maintaining the society for so many years. The legal case is going on between the society and the builder but in between I am stuck. I want some light on my below point:

1. Builder was maintaining the society for last 3-4 years when my Flat was not even on Map (It was a refuge flat before which recently developed by the builder and sold to me). How come society blindly ask me for the maintainence and say that builder adjusted my share of Corpus (Life time maintainence charges). What legal respite I have in this case.

2. Society is charging 10000 amonth for a 2BHK flat and 4 BHK Flat (with personal swimming pool in house) at same rate. Is there no law set for the societies chargning its members for the maintainence charges. I have been into other societies where maintainence is 3000-5000 rupees a month but 10000 rupees a month being on a very high side.

3. The builder was to complete some of my house work which was pending during the possession. Due to the society handover taken (whithout letting me know) shall I approach society or the builder for those works.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register