Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

High courts rti contradictions-application fee

High courts RTI contradictions-Application Fee

Allahadbad High Court: Rs. 500 --- RTI application fees.
Andhra Pradesh High Court: Rs. 25 --- RTI application fees
Delhi High Court: Rs. 50 --- RTI application fees
Gujarat High Court: Rs. 50 (Rs 500 for information on tenders and contracts) – RTI application fees
Madras High Court: Rs. 50 as RTI application fees
Madhya Pradesh High Court: Rs. 50 --- RTI application fees
Punjab and Haryana High Court: Rs. 100 --- RTI application fees
Rajasthan High Court: Rs. 100 --- RTI application fees
Law prescribes Rs. 10.

Bombay High Court: Rs. 20 fees for first appeal
Chhattisgarh High Court: Rs. 40 fees for first appeal
Calcutta High Court, Delhi and Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Kerala, and Patna: Rs. 50 fees for first appeal
Jharkhand High Court: Rs. 15 for first appeal
No fees prescribed under RTI law for first appeal

Other anomalies: High Courts of Allahabad, Kerala and Madras says information can be made available after approval of Chief Justice.

Learning

7 Replies

Shailesh Kr. Shah (Advocate)     16 October 2012

@ Mr. R.K.Prajapati

Now, Allahabad high court rti fee is Rs.250/=

Please find attached herewith notification regarding above.

Attached File : 600537854 rti allahabad hc 250.pdf downloaded: 129 times

surjit singh (Assistant)     25 October 2012

In patna High Court the RTI fee should be paid at the account cashier counter. No IPO or Bank Draft/Banker Cheque is accepted. Is it justifiable. If a person from Florida (USA) is willing hto file an ART application before the registry of Patna High Court, he will have to come to the Patna High Cout cashier counter of send somebody to deposit the money. Please give your comment on the justification. Whether the purpose and objective of the Act is not obstructed.

(Guest)

@surjit

If it's true what you say then it's against the spirit of the RTI act. you ask  in authorities in patna high court, under which law such things taking place citing the reference of this document. please find the attachment(it's in xps format which will be opened with MS office-2007 XPS viewer). Alternatively, you can visit

https://rti.india.gov.in/manual4.php?format=print

if  authorities,in spite of citing reference,you can ask the CPIO. If  there you get no remedy, consider the contitutional writ 'Mandamus'.

Attached File : 1017582475 rti procedure.xps downloaded: 81 times

surjit singh (Assistant)     02 December 2012

Mr Kumar I have my own personal experience with the PIO of the Patna High Court with documentary evidence.

(Guest)

@surjit,

A very short reply,addressed to me, unable to express itself clearly. It would be helpful for me to have an idea as to give myself a further expression,if you could lengthen it a bit while retaining the coherence.

Thanks

surjit singh (Assistant)     03 December 2012

I mean to say that while applying for an informaton under RTI act by registered post enclosing IPO, I received a letter that fee through IPO is not accepted and for this fee should be deposited in cash at the cash counter of the registry.

(Guest)

@surjit,

Didn't you take further action?

The information cannot be denied on pretext of mode of payment. Please find this attachment,which i think will prove it's worth having with you or for anyone else(you can also obtain it from RTI official website).According to this guideline "mode of payment" cannot be restricted.It goes as-

"The public authority should
ensure that payment by any of the above modes is not denied or the applicant is not compelled to draw IPO etc. in the name of any officer other than the Accounts Officer.
"

Find the above text in the document under the heading "Acceptance of Fee".

Regards

Attached File : 585314257 guidefor pa english.pdf downloaded: 68 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register