Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

idhayan (MD)     14 August 2013

Help in change of name

Sir,

1. Im from Tamilnadu and my name is idhayan, a central Govt Employee.  My father's name is Kannaian.  I use 'K' as my initials to my name.  

2.  All my educational certificate and marksheets bear my name as "K.  IDHAYAN".   But while giving my particulars in office records, I have written as "KANNAIAN IDHAYAN" which is an abbreviated form of initial.  This is happened due to surname, first name confusion.

2.   I was told that having a name (K Idhayan)  in marksheets  and a different name in office records (Kannaian Idhayan) may create legal problems in future. 

3.  Are not they considered as same?  Since there is no spelling correction or addition/deletion of letters do  I still required to follow procedure for change name through Notary?

4.  And pls tell me what is the difference between Notary and First Class Magistrate.

Thank you

Learning

6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     14 August 2013

Simply submit Notary affidavit to your employer.The right term for a notary in India is Notary Public. These are essentially civilians who need to pass a Govt. exam to qualify as Notary Public. Once they qualify they can notarize documents (confirms the persons identity and that he has witnessed the person signing the document). The above 
holds good to notaries in US too. 

First Class Magistrates are judicial employees in the Court system. 

Tarun Nagpal (Partner)     14 August 2013

For Q No 4... a Notary is a person autorised in Notary Act 1952 to perform functions entrusted to him. He may be appointed by central govt or state govt. Section 3 of the noteries act 1952 gives this power. Typically Noteries can perform following functions under section 8

1. autheticate documents

2. adminster oath or take affidavit

3. translate any document to another langaue or verify the same

4. act as arbitrator, mediator to conciliator

First class judicial member is appointed by state government in consultation with high courts. he can pass a sentence of imprisonment for a term not exceeding three years, or of fine not exceeding five thousand rupees or of both

Sir,  Thanks for your reply.

I think as per your reply, "K Idhayan" is not the same, even though K is my father's name.

Tarun Nagpal (Partner)     14 August 2013

For Q No 4... a Notary is a person autorised in Notary Act 1952 to perform functions entrusted to him. He may be appointed by central govt or state govt. Section 3 of the noteries act 1952 gives this power. Typically Noteries can perform following functions under section 8

1. autheticate documents

2. adminster oath or take affidavit

3. translate any document to another langaue or verify the same

4. act as arbitrator, mediator to conciliator

First class judicial member is appointed by state government in consultation with high courts. he can pass a sentence of imprisonment for a term not exceeding three years, or of fine not exceeding five thousand rupees or of both

Priya Sukumaran (Consultant)     16 September 2013

No confusion..both are same and accepted..dont worry..you need not do any changes nor u have to give any affidavits..its perfect..and its understood..it is understood by any government that K is your surname..dont worry..when taking passport give kannian in sur name and idhayan in Given name..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register