LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinayak Agrawal   28 March 2020

Help from a lawyer for relaxation in elegibility criteria in medical pg exams

I am a medical student. My results of passing my mbbs final exams came yesterday. After passing final exams one has to start his internship. According to the MCI one can be elegibile for PG exams only if he has completed his intenship by 31st March. I won't be able to join my college as we all know the current situation of lockdown. My home is 800 km away from the college. It is definitely not possible for me to go to college before lockdown ends. Now this will mean that i will start my internship after 31st march and therefore it will be completed after 31st march (1 year internship). This will make me unelegible for the PG exam next year. My whole 1 year will be wasted. There are thousands of students like me who are suffering the same. I request you to kindly help me by asking some relaxation in elegibility criteria for PG exams next year. Thank you.

Learning

4 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     28 March 2020

Dear querist,

No legal issue involved in your query. Make correspondence with your college about your difficulty for reaching your college. University may consider your request for relaxation of condition due to present pandemic situation of cororna at the time of admission.

Regards,

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 March 2020

Write this as a grievance in HRD Ministry, PM Secretariat, and Indian Medical Council.   Believe the Government, there are certainly relaxations and exemptions and there may not be any hindrance in your career.   But, as a doctor, feel the need and necessity of the hour and try to report for duty at this crucial hour for the sake of the public.  Do not take a chance and excuse.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 March 2020

The current crisis if for everyone in the country.

Government is coming out with plenty of relaxations in laws everyday.

Especially the government has relaxed the strict laws on subjects like yours and many more in the educational fields. 

You will get some solution for this problem also once the dust is fully settled. 

Amit Thakur   03 February 2021

Hello! I’m <a href="https://www.techamitthakur.in">Amit Singh</a>. i’m a professional programmer with extensive web development skills.If you have an application you are interested in developing or a problem that needs solving or a project that needs rescuing, I’d love to help you with it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register