LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Justice-Needed (Service)     03 April 2017

Heavy amount of rent paid - interim maintenance

As per the interim order, every month I am paying Rs 13,000/- as rent/accomodation to Petitioner (from past several years) under section 125.

During her cross last week, she herself has admitted that she is living at her parents house and she is not staying in rented house (provided by me).

Please guide me for the below:

1) How can I stop paying the money for rent in Interim? as money is not being used for the actual purpose.

2) How can I recover the money (Rs 6 Lakhs+) which I had already paid her for rent/accomodation.

Please guide.

Learning

6 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Justice-Needed
As per the interim order, every month I am paying Rs 13,000/- as rent/accomodation to Petitioner (from past several years) under section 125.

During her cross last week, she herself has admitted that she is living at her parents house and she is not staying in rented house (provided by me).

1) How can I stop paying the money for rent in Interim? as money is not being used for the actual purpose.

2) How can I recover the money (Rs 6 Lakhs+) which I had already paid her for rent/accomodation.

Please guide.

Dont you have a advocate ?  Even if you dont have you should be aware of certain practical things for which you dont even need a advocate to guide you. You can stop paying IA. You will go to jail for not paying IA.  REcovery of 6 lacs?  Your brain has turned into cow dung or what?

When wife is with you, you take care of her and maintain her, irrespective of everything.  Same holds good even if wife is not with you.  Court might have ordered IA, of rent.  That she can use the way she wants.  She need not necessarily stay in a rented house.  Nor can you force her to stay in a rented house of your choice.  Court sees only one thing, whether you maintain her or not.  You should be thankful to your wife that she did not file application seeking increase in maintenance stating that amount paid by you is insufficient and not according to the standards that you had provided her while she was living with you, or else you would need to pay 20k instead of 13k.

D1ckhed, for things like these make use of your advocate.  I am surprised you dont have balls to ask the same to your lawyer. But prefer posting thread here?

Justice-Needed (Service)     03 April 2017

Mr Helping Hand,

I am paying monthly maintance of Rs 34,000/- every month and out of which Rs 13,000/- is the amount to be paid for seperate accomodation or rent.

Since the money doesn't grow on trees and neither I am a money making machine, hence I wanted to know whether or not we can fight for justice as the law is made for the needy people and not for greedy.

If we have to ask everything to our lawyers and have to work according to their brains then why this portal has been created?

It is up to you if you wanna suggest otherwise other experts would help me on this.

Born Fighter (xxx)     12 April 2017

argue strongly to stop paying rent expense if she is staying at her parents house. Your wife must have made a specific demand in her IM application seeking rental accomodation and thats why the court has granted that component seperately. She also has claimed that amount falsely.

also is she not educated or working ?? Drive her out of her house by offering her a job. U are paying IM from 6yrs and it seems she is enjoying the free income !! Hire a competent and aggressive lawyer otherwise it will take another 6yrs to get divorce

All the Best !!

1 Like

Justice-Needed (Service)     13 April 2017

Thank you very much... really appreciated from your valuable suggestions.

sai narayana   08 June 2017

Originally posted by : Justice-Needed

Please guide.

File a I.A. in the court with a prayer that the claimant unduly appropriated 6 L as rent expenses from you and so the same may be adjusted from the future payments of maintenance. Attach your wife's deposition for evidence.

legal   23 June 2017

Hi, What a reply from fellow member, if u r advocate i believe u should reason on moral background, because u dont have caliber to stand for injustice or viral law.

You can approach appelant court and ask for the  relief based on her written statement, further u itself initiated divorce proceeding then there must be strong ground for the divorce, i.e cruel act from wife like nc, fir, or from family members. court need cruelity if u u have such case running against you you can how the same and  obtain relief.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register