Mybrother's daughter got married in Andhra and native of Andhra.  Her in law family got PR and she also got PR in Canada.  Now we have come to know that  my brother's daughter is being harrased by their in laws  and she was treated  like a servant maid.  They beat some time, abuse some times  day in and day out.  She could not suffer any more .  The height of it is that they have a CCTV in her private room.    Almost 3 weeks back  she was again beaten and at that point of time she rebeled and called the Candain police.  Candian Police came and got her the Passport and other doucments pertains to her.   She was not allowed to take the child with her, the candian police helped to her get the kid, but  since she was thrown out, her friend helped her to bring to Florida without the kid.  Now  they were harrasing her, my relatives and they have issued a  lawyer notice from Gujarat.  How come Gujarat lawyer can serve a notice from India when they are Candian citizen.  If she had informed the police about the CCTV incident at that time, these people would have been jailed .   Inspite of being harrased she doesn't want divorce.  Can some body throw light on this.  Can I make a  Dowry complaint in India against   some of their close relatives who are in india.  What is the way out?


Pl consult local lawyer who is expert in dealing family matters. 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Join the MasterClass     |    x