Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sheridan (Quality Controller)     24 May 2013

Harassment from resident welfare association

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Sheridan and i live in an apartment for the past two years and six months, there is a secretary of teh residents welfare association who is a;lways harassing me to get rid of my two pet dogs that i have adopted from the street, although i am a volunteer with the blue cross and have knowledge about the law that cleary states that resident welfare associations cannot make such rules and have no rights this guy still keeps harassing me and calls up my house owner who in turn gets intimidated and asks me to throw the dogs out. My dogs are strickly within the porivacy of my home and are in no way a disturbance to others except the occasional barking which is only natural for dogs. Secondly they do not run the generator for the elevators during power cut(In chennai we have a regular two hour power shut down every day) although we pay a maintainance of Rs 1100 a month, on asking the association secretary he stated that they dont run the generator during power cuts to save money, this does not make sense to me as there are 147 apartments in the complex and Rs1100*147 = Rs 161700. This being the case why should they not run the generator during power cuts when we are paying for it, all the time during power cuts i have to climb up and down three floors as i live on the third floor. Because of this i purposely did not pay the maintainance amount for march and april due to which the association secretary is now threatening to cut off besic ammeneties like water, current etc. I remember reading on line that resident association do not have rights to cut of basic ammeneties even if a resident has not paid the maintainance dues but can only ask and obtain the same. Please advise me on my rights and the rights of the resident welfare association in this regard and what i should do or how i should act in this regard.

Thanking you,

Sheridan.

Learning

1 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     24 May 2013

1. this is very common site seen in every apartment due to some avoidable circumstances the government is not providing current and the aprtment association is avoiding generator for the residents at that particular time but why is that generator kept for thus other fellow residents have compalined about your dogs and what was there problem with you should solve first

2. about maintenance if is you have to pay to the association in return they should provided the required amenities conlult other residents of your aprtments and decided alone you cannot fight with them 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register