Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jasvinder Singh (Security)     02 June 2009

Gun License Condition Violation

Dear Friends,

Being a security professional, I have observed that almost 99% of gun men employed by private security agencies are in possesion of weapons on the basis of an arms license issued to them either for personal or crop protection.

Is it not a violation of the conditions os issue of license when the owner of  such a weapon uses his weapon to protect some one else's life and property?

Why doesnt the government do anything about this matter as it is common knowledge that almost all gunmen working in private security agencies have weapons authorised to them for personal protection only?

What can be done to prevent such gunmen from using their weapons for professional use?

The funniest part is that weapons licenses issued from states like Bihar are all India licenses and meant for crop protection. I wonder if any Bihari farmer has crops all over India to protect.

Learning

4 Replies

B.B.R.Goud. ( Faculty)     02 June 2009

it can be challenged for  violation of Art 19 and Arms act, to be initiated and instituted in the high court under Art 32 , Writ of mandamus can be issued.

B.B.R.Goud. ( Faculty)     02 June 2009

Art 32, to move supreme court and Art 226 to move high court.

1 Like

Gopal Krishna Behera (Advocate Orissa High Court Cuttack.)     02 June 2009

Arms obtained in one purpose are used in another purpose. It is strict vilotion of the Arms Act as well as the terms & conditions of the lincense issued under the Arms Act.  But the lincese Issuing authority is silence. Please draw to the notice of the Home Department.first and then file a P.I.L either in appex court or in any high court according to your convennience. It will be my great pleasure in extending my hand if so require.

1 Like

Jasvinder Singh (Security)     03 June 2009

I have writen to the Asst Chief Secretary ( Home) Government Of karnataka in the month of January 2009 but he did not even bother to reply to my letter. I then filed an RTI application with the Assistant Chief Secretay(Home) Government of Karnataka and they have not bothered to reply to my RTI application about the action taken in response to my letter. I have filed a complaint with the Karnataka Information commission and it will take its own sweet time in disposing the matter.

No advocate will file a PIL for free and I dont have any money to spend and High Court and Supreme court lawyers demand a handsome sum as feees which I can afford. More over the matter is not going to cause any personal gain or loss to me and I only want the courts to plug a loophole which is being exploited by the private security agencies.

There are so many issues for which I would like to file Public Interest Petitions but cant do as I cant afford them as I am not very well off finacially.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register