Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vinodray parmar (professor)     15 September 2016

Gsli claim seyylement

Sir,

My services were terminated by my employer two years back for a dispute over being guarantor for a colleague. The matter is in court.

Mean while I requested the employer to send discharge form to LIC to settle the GSLI claim. Employer is not executing the discharge form.

LIC insistes on discharge form. The subscripttion is deducted from my salary. Not a single paisa is paid by the employer. Now to harass me. employer is not signing the discharge form. In such situation, is there any other option to settle the claim? How long LIC should wait?

Suppose employer doesn,t sign the discharge form, can any one else sign? I have already given enough proof to LIC about my termination. Even EPF account is closed. The employer was not ready to sign EPF claim form, it was signed by an MLA and the account was settled. Is there any such way to settle the GSLI claim?

Kindly guide and oblige.

Learning

11 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 September 2016

Do you have proof of submission of PF,GSLI forms to employer and declinature to attest?

Sir, I have already submitted proof of EPF claim settlement received from EPF to LIC prooving that I am no longer employee. Even LIC knows that my last subscripttion for GSLI is paid in April 2014. I have made several requests to the employer with copy to LIC about GSLI claim settlement. There is no response from employer. Only response I received from employer is that  my pending cases (about full and final payment) will be attended only if I depoist bond amount as guarantor.  Gratuity case is still with Appellant Authority.

In Form A to claim the GSLI settlement, there is no signature/roll of ex-employee. Only the Master Policy Holder i.e. Institute Head/Chairman has to sign the form. I had sent the form to Institute with the details given by LIC, but there is no reply. Employer doesn't reply any of my letters/requests. Even employer has neither submitted any reply nor appealed against the order of Controlling Authority in case of gratuity. I have written several letters for full and final payment, including 6thCPC arears, there is no reply, positive or negative.

Employer is just harassing me becasue I am not pressurising the colleague for whom I stood guarantor. I can not because there is no verdict in favour of employer. In fact the issue is not even fixed.

Please guide me nad oblige .

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes sir, one more thing. The ex-employer has not even issued me relieving letter. My services were terminated verbally.

Sir, I have attached the copy of Claim Form. The details are to be filled up by the Institute to be signed by Master Policy Holder. There is no roll of the ex-employee.

Attached File : 175511 20160915181514 273950632 clim form v rules gsli 1 .doc downloaded: 112 times

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 September 2016

Check with yur able counsel if you can approach DCDRF for insurance policy and/or laodge complaint with Insurance Ombudsman or IRDA.

Many many thanks sir for spending your valuable time to guide me. I think I am lucky, almost every time my querry is solved promptly by you.

I will approach the authorities as advised by you and will come back if any guidance required.

Again thanks a lot.

With warm regards,

Prof. V. P. Parmar

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 September 2016

You are welcome. I am of the firm opinion that an aged and retired employee should be helped. That is the purpose of this forum also.

vinodray parmar (professor)     16 September 2016

Hats off to you and the Lawyer's Club........

Thanks.

Such heartfelt posts encourage to spend quality time on queries and post meaningfully.

Encourage fellow employees, countrymen to unite, form forums and support each other.

Employees is a very big community and this community once united can press  its rights.

vinodray parmar (professor)     16 September 2016

Sir, I really tell you that the Lawyers Club has changed the image of Lawyers. No one believes that the Lawyers can give legal advice without payment!

In fact because of Lawyers Club webiste only I could fight for the settlement of EPF account. I am fighting for the right amount of gratuity with references and guidance from Lawyers Club. It is in Appeal stage now. 

And last but not least, I find your goodself always prompt to providing guidance!

About the unity of employees........

Sir, I lost the job only becuase I stood by my colleague for whom I stood guarantor also. I stood against the decisions of Management which would have harmed finanacially to all my colleagues (when I was Principal of the Institute). I was forcefully retired, verbally, two years ahead of my superannuation. Forget about unity, no colleague stood by me for the fear of loss of job which I suffered. No one even conveyed sorry filling!

But still I don't regret myself for doing right things rather than supporting Management doing wrong things for employees.

Sir, I think I am taking too much of your valuable time so I conclude this query here. I wish I could meet you personally to thank you wholeheartedly.

Have a good day.

Prof. V. P. Parmar

Dear Proff. V.P. Parmar,

It is unfortunate that you struggled for your staff and were not supported.

In such cases it ia always better to let them suffer when their time comes.

I have seen day in day out that time that everyone needs support at many points in life.

And that deserters meet their fate.

You shall be out of situation soon with your aimed efforts.

You may send your contact details; address/phone numbers/email etc by PM.

Wish you the best.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register