LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gopisd (Hardware Engineer)     11 July 2017

Grandmother property rights to grandson

Hi, I have a 2 doubts since long on property rights of 1) Grandmother (mother side) 2)Grandfather (Father side)

Doubt 1) My Grandmother is a widow and has a mansion in the city worth crores. She has 3 sons and 3 daughters. After my Grandma expired, her children sold the property. My mother got her share of 20% in cash. I requested her to give some money for doing business as i lost my job in recesion. I am married and have a daughter. Issue here is she is not willing to give a single penny for any reason and says this is her mother property. Do i have any legal rights on my grand mother property to claim?

Doubt 2) My grand father expired and has ancestoral property. He has 2 sons. my father and uncle. They took equal shares as per my grandfather will and sold that house. Issue here is even my father is not willing to give any single penny to support my family. My dad is a rich man too with other properties of his own which are kept on my mother name and his name and will not give me. Do i have any legal rights on my grand father property atleast to claim and how? 

I am 37 years, My parents got their property in 60's after their parents died, similarly my parents want me to enjoy only after they die. I love my parents very much and dont wish that at all, not sure what is their logic. But Here nobody is enjoying the property. I will become old and cycle repeats. Kindly assist me both from legal and moral perspective.

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 July 2017

It is believed that you are all Hindu.

Your post is not properly drafted as it seems to convey Maternal Grandmother is alive and also she has deceased.

Maternal Grandmother is alive or has deceased.

Is your father alive?

Confirm!

1. NO.

Property from mother’s side is not ancestral. Property that devolves by inheritance is of nature self acquired. It shall be absolute/self acquired in the hands of your mother. You have NO forced right in it.She may give some share to you by her sweet will. Better your rapport/relation/goodwill and affection.

2. Determine and be sure the property from Paternal Grandfather side is ancestral or not.If it is self acquired, you have NO forced right in it.

If your Paternal Grandfather bought it and has not thrown it in ancestral pool then it might be self acquired.

Better your rapport/relation/goodwill and affection and by the sweet will or owner or later thru your father, you may get a share.

If it is confirmed as ancestral then being Co-parcener you have equal share.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register