LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nikhil Sharma (Manager)     13 June 2015

Grandfather's property

Dear Sir, Please help me with your advice on the following property issue. After partition of India my Grandparents came to Delhi from Lahor. My grandfather had bought two double storey flats P-33(ground floor) & P-34(first floor) in refugee colony and the same were allotted to him by L&DO(Ministry of Home Affairs of Govt. India) on his name in middle of 1950s. Later on, due to his health issue(half body paralysis) and some financial crises, my Grandfather was forced to mortgage both the flats to his two friends A & B(both are brothers in relation) for Rs. 900/-. As my Grandfather was bed ridden and could not able to move. A & B declared my Grandfather as dead and taken over the ownership of both flats by producing fake documents trail. Whereas, my Grandfather was alive almost for 1-2 years after this incident. We have his original death certificate registered with Municipal Corporation after his natural death in 1968. Now A & B both have died and their children and grandchildren hold the possession of both the flats. My Father did not file any case against them due to shortage of resources and family responsibilities. I got to know all this now from my Father. My Father showed me some old letters came from Govt. bodies and relatives on the same address(P-33 & P-34). I started inquiring about the facts and got to know that the flats are still on the name of my Grandfather in the records of L&DO and even the utility bills(Water & Electricity) are on my Grandfather's name. I want to know the possibilities and the favorable points for me to pursue the legal case against them. 1. Being the grandson, can I claim the flats(property of my Grandfather) in the court? 2. What are the possibilities of favorable judgement for me by from the court? Please advise me and show me the right path for going forward. Warm Regards, Jatin Sharma

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register