LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Moirangthem Biren   31 March 2019

Govt notification of appointment.

One Govt notification for promotion of two executive engineers in PWD Manipur, had been cancelled by the Department itself as directed by the Hon'ble High Court disposing a writ petition filed by the most senior assistant engineer in the Department. Court was further pleased to dispose another writ petition filed by the same petitioner directing the Department to promote the petitioner to the post.
Instead of complying the court's order, Minister i/c has offered the post to the most junior Assistant Engineer who can give handsome bribe to him and the Department has issued order to the junior and the junior has enjoyed the post. Now the Department is trying to hide such a public document at every point, so that the same is not presented to the court.

I am seeking your advice - how to challenge to obtain the public document in a short time ? The petioner's advocate suggested that, to approach to RTI will take a long process.

Please highlight your valuable suggestion.

Learning

2 Replies

Contempt case in process. In the mean time the Govt has appointed someone else. The petitioner's advocate strongly suggests to produce the last Govt notification to justify what the Department complied against the court's order. My query is how to obtain the hiding Govt order ?

The petitioner is my own daughter. 45 days saught by the Govt advocate to comply court's order, already passed. Hence she had already filed the contempt proceedings against the Department. Court had served the contempt notice to the respondents.
Her advocate strongly feels that the matter would be seriously viewed and all proceedings will be disposed in no time if the hiding document is presented before the judge at this time.

My query is that, is there no way to obtain a public document by a citizen who need it very very badly ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register