Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Good or Bad Motives of 498 A

The good or bad motives of 498 A

First Money: The greatest of motivators. A 498A can lead to great termscan be for a fat cash settlement, or help her dad or sibling in their ventures, etc..

Counterblow:  She  will  have  her  revenge  and  your  family  will collectively  bear  the  brunt  of  it.  The  498A  Wives  have  a  soft  corner  for  your  mother  and  your  sister  (s). Prepare your mom and sister(s) for special treatment. They may very well see the inside of a prison.

Blame: She’s done something wrong, may have committed adultery and got caught in the act. She wants to cover it up with a dowry harassment case to garner sympathy and to provide cover for her guilt. It also puts her in a good position to negotiate a fat settlement and gain custody of kids, if kids are involved. 498A will be filed when paternity is in question. Don’t count on DNA  report evidence, as the courts are unwilling to allow  it.

Indian law is still ruled by the evidence act from 1872. 

She Just doesn’t like you: I’m sorry to hurt your pride, but she just doesn’t like you and wants to get out of the marriage. The 498A is a convenient tool to do so.

She  is  a  control  Bug:  She  wants  to  control  you  in  every  possible  way.  She  may  also  want  you  to  not support  your  parents  and  siblings  in  any  fashion  regardless  of  your  ability  to  do  so.  She  may  want  you  to throw your parents out of your/their house. Her goal is to gain control of all aspects of your life, including

finances and to break the bonds and responsibilities that tie you to your family. Her failure to do so will result in a 498A. 

To Marry The Boyfriend: This is a new trend whereby she will file a 498A just to force you into settling the divorce with a chunk of cash and then go on to marry her boyfriend.

In most cases, the members of her family are the instigators. If her mother was the instigator, you’ve possibly married into a family where the mother is a dominatrix. The woman you married thinks that you should be under her control, because her mother wears the pants in her house.

As statistics said, 75,000 cases pending ,27,000 women are arrested under this law, the majority of which are acquitted later. This translates to the fact that one woman is arrested EVERY 23 minutes So how does 498A become a women protection law? Resently supreme court send report to the central government for changing the law.Isn’t it time for an amendment? when it comes we dont know.Hope the government will quickly fix this issue.

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Kushan Vyas
" As statistics said, 75,000 cases pending , 27,000 women are arrested under this law, the majority of which are acquitted later. This translates to the fact that one woman is arrested EVERY 23 minutes So how does 498A become a women protection law? Resently supreme court send report to the central government for changing the law.Isn’t it time for an amendment? when it comes we dont know.Hope the government will quickly fix this issue. "

@ Vyas,

pls. note right now I am replying to above quoted part. Your statistics inference I disagree. if I read your inference it shows that you are saying that 498a is not women protection law ? right

My only question if I understood above quote is that in 498a charge who gets acquattal ? Is it the wife or MIL / SIL who is acquatted from 498a ?

Naturally it is MIL / SIL who is acquatted so how come it is not women protection law ?. Your usage of generic word is confusing, you should say 1 MIL / SIL is arrested every 23 minutes because a wife as a complainant has invoked 498a on a MIL / SIL instead by usage of generic word you are confusing readers with issue in hand. You should say that 498a law protects the wife as complainant instead of using protection for women sentence !

Kindly advise if I got you right or you may suggets how better to interpret what you quote in above?

tortured_aathma (none)     22 August 2010

vyas sir i agree with u. but lawyers also should play a more responsible role in advising against filing of false cases to their clients.

1 Like

(Guest)

@ tortured_aathmaI am Online

yes,you are right  that lawyers also should play a more responsible role in advising against filing of false cases to their clients- that is the quote of supreme court in recent case and every lawyer should remember it.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register