Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chankey (Software Engineer)     22 May 2014

Girlfriend's parents not agree for marriage

Hi,

I am 23, software engineer, my girlfriend is 21. I live in Jaipur, she is in Baran. So same state: Rajasthan.

We are in relationship since 4 years and now we want to marry but her parents are not agree and they are taking her back from Jaipur to Baran on 26.

Please suggest me what should I do? Should I call police and go to her Jaipur's rent room where they are right now and free her?

Or should I wait, and let them take her to Baran, and then after some days go to baran and call that place's police and go to her home? 

What steps should I follow? Please guide me. I want to free her, so that we can marry.

Learning

10 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     22 May 2014

At this moment, you have no locus standi to file a police complaint in any of the two places you mentioned as you are a stranger to her.  If she wants to free herself, she has to give police complaint herself against herself and lateron you both can marry in accordance with law.  Once such marriage is registered, you will get opportunity to seek police protection from any untoward incident.  But before taking any step you both must think with cool head that it is really a love instead of infatuation.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, we have thought thoroughly, only thing which is stopping us is her parents.

So what we can do is:

1) She will do a police complaint.

2) Police will free her, then she can go anywhere.

3) Then we apply for court marriage.

4) Then police protection and all.

So what if she is locked and not able to do complaint? Can I file a complaint for her rescue? Can I file it from Jaipur (my city) or will I have to complaint in her city ?

What if police sets her free and her parents capture her again?

What if we apply for court marriage once she is free, but I heard the notice goes to parents also, they will deny that, then how will our court marriage be done? They will never agree.

Is there any way the court marriage can be done without parents' permission? Or am I wrong here, that parents permission is not required for court marriage.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     22 May 2014

Your complaint will not be enterained by the police.  The complaint lies in the place where she is living now.  She has to give complaint in her own signature.  Registered marriage not demands parental consent.  Only three witnesses are required.  Contact local advocate and if it is required, he can even file DV case to bring her out of confinement imposed by her parents.

But she will not be able to go to the police station, can someone else drop the request for her? Like her friend?

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     22 May 2014

you can draft the complain and take her signature and her friend can give complain on her behalf and about notice will not be sent to any one personallyl to there address

the registrar office will paste the requisition for marriage notice in the notice board if any one has objection they can complain to the registrar personally and can cancel the marriage 

Thanks Mahesh. Can you show a sample of the complaint? Like what details it should have? 

Her name, father's name, home address, what should we write in reason? 

Also if the police sets her free then will police take her to court to provide a document or something saying she cannot be taken back at home? So that we are sure her parents don't take her back again.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     22 May 2014

reason should be strong as police should act for that reason 

like she can say that she is major and without her consent her parents are getting married without her wish 

there is no such format for any complaint normal letter and it should be drafted as if she is writing the complain 

Okay, thanks Mahesh. I'll make sure she leaves the letter to her friend, so that in case of emergency her friend can give it to police.

Chankey (Software Engineer)     24 May 2014

Hi, 

We have got 1 week time, can we apply for court marriage? Please let me know the documents required and the procedure. Thanks.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 May 2014

Be sure that the moment you approach her palce with police against her parents she is bound to disown you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register