LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sathish   02 January 2018

Girl marrying 4 times without getting divorce

A girl got seperated from her 1st husband by writing and signed by a group of elders from both sides. (not through court). she accused that her husband has low male power.  Then she married another boy.  Due to mother-law-in issues, she got seperated from her 2nd husband by writing(not through court).

Then she married me( I was a divorcee, legally divorced my 1st wife through court)  Citing male power not upto her expectations, she seperated from me.  This time she did not get any relieving letter from me as I denied to give the same.  

Within few months I heard news that she got married to another boy.(4th marriage)
All four marriages are not registered.  1st and 2nd husband married another girl.
I have invitation and marriage photos of my marriage with her.
I also have invitation and marriage photos of her 1st marriage.
I have no marriage proof of 2nd and 4th marriage.
I know the name, shop and home address of 4th husband

Cannot punish her under Section-494 Bigamy because I have no proof of her 4th marriage.
what criminal action like 420 to take against her for multiple marriages without getting divorce through court?

Learning

8 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     02 January 2018

If the girl dis not get proper divorce from the first marriage, in that case even the husband of the first marriage could not have married another girl.  Same is the case in respect of the second marriage also.  therefore, both the first and second husbands will never say that they were married to the girl.

That means, you happen to be the first husband (if you have enough proof of legal marriage with the said girl).

But, if you do not have any proof of her further marriage, then you will not be able to say that she is married when you are alive, and without taking proper divorce.

Section 420 has no application in this case.

No case of bigamy is also made out against the girl.

1 Like

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     02 January 2018

yes I do endorse with expert Sri ramachandran

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     02 January 2018

It is only first marriage which is legal and other so called marriages are illegal and other persons including girl involved are guilty of committing bigamy and adultery.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     03 January 2018

It seems the woman you married was unofficial prostitute or s*x maniac entering into so called marital relationship with different men and leaving them after extracting whatever money or benefits she could. You know about her 4 marriages, there must be many more.

The fact is the marriages about which you talk seems to be null and void including the first one known to you as there must be many more than the first one known to you.

The bigamy complaint you can file only if her marriage prior to you or after you were lawful and not null and void, but unfortunately all three, including your with her, were void ab nito or no marriage at all.

Cheating complaint u/s 420 IPC can be filled against her if details of all the so called husbands you got and all are ready to join you. The main factor that will be taken by the police before registering FIR for offence of cheating as to how much money extracted by this woman from each of the so called husband for either getting married or leaving them.

Sycorax Juris   04 January 2018

She better marry a HORSE lol.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     04 January 2018

For the time being I agree with sycorax Juris. 

Sycorax Juris   04 January 2018

N.K.Assumi, am I a half baked lawyer that you should agree with me for the time being only? Agree with me or not at all.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     04 January 2018

No No, Sycorax, I agree with you only for the time being because members were discussing serious family problems, and you came up with a veterinary like topic, otherwise you are like a full blom Christmas Cake. I suggest you contact our members like Chinese Cusine etc.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register