LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SANTHOSH   09 November 2016

Gift deed property without will

My friend's father has the gift deed property  . Now his father died without writting will then who heirs the property. His father has wife and a son,daugher ? This is not ancestrol property so there will be no question of sharing between wife and son but this is a gift deed property then who owns it legally ?

Learning

6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 November 2016

It is believed that owner and heirs are Hindu.

Confirm!

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 November 2016

If hindu the property shall devolve equally upon mother, wife,sons, daughters.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     10 November 2016

iF IT IA SELF ACQUIRED AND YOUR  FRIEND'S  FATHER  ACQUIRED IT  THROUGH EGISTERED GIFT DEED AND DIED INTESTATE THEN  BOTH HIS MOTHER.HIS SONS ND HIS DAUGHTERS  WILL INHERIT EQAUL SHARE IN THAT PROPERTY. IF YOU APPRCIATE THIS ANSWER PLEASE CONVEY MY PROFILE/FORUM THANKS BY CLICKING THE THANKS BUTON ON THIS FORUM.,.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     10 November 2016

iT'S NOT HIS MOTHER. IT'S HIS WIDOW. YOUR FRIEND'S WIDOW, HIS DAUGHTERSAND SONS WOULD GET EQUAL SHARE IN THAT PROPERTY.INSTEAD OF SAYING CHILDRENS MOTHER i SAID MOTHR. SORRY.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 November 2016

If mother of deceasaed is not alive property shall devolve equally upon  wife,sons, daughters.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     10 November 2016

Your friends father was a sole owner of the property instead he get it through will , it will treated as he had self acquired it ,the legal heirs are his wife , son and daughter ,all has1/3 share in his property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register