Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kaushik   20 December 2018

Gift deed

Dear Experts,

My Mother & I are Co-Owners of a Flat in Pune for which the Society has thus far Issued two Share Certificates jointly to us for 5 Shares each, the 1st of which we duly Received  in 2012 & the 2nd in 2013 of which  we were completely Unaware until Today. However, my Mother recently Executed a Gift Deed in my Favour Transferring her ½ share in the Flat to me. While the 1st share certificate had been duly Referred to in Gift Deed, there is no Mention of the Latter therein as we Learnt about it only Today. Could you kindly Clarify whether the Absence of any Reference to the 2nd Share Certificate issued in 2013 in the Gift Deed would Affect my Prospects of either Leasing out or Selling the Flat Adversely in the Future &, if so, then should I Request my Mother to either Execute a Rectification/ Correction to the Gift Deed or an Affidavit Explaining the Omission as well?

Regards,

Kaushik.

Learning

6 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     20 December 2018

It is better to execute a rectification deed to the registered Gift deed.  Your mother shall execute the rectification deed.  

Venkat Reddy Alimineti IIT BOM   21 December 2018

What is gift deed rules different from Fouthi

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     21 December 2018

I dont know the meaning of Fouthi.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies