Gift deed

Can a gift deed be registered without original documents? We have lost the original documents however we have a photo copy of the sales deed. Will that be sufficient for registring the gift deed? 


Have certified copy from concerned authority.



You need to make an application in the registrar office for duplicate sale deed, usually they dont give it but if you have filed an FIR for the same, they will surely oblige and allow you to make an application for the same. On making this application and paying the required fees, the concerned authority will issue a certified copy of the required documents using which the gift deed can be drafted and registered.

You may contact us for further assistance.

Adv. Varun Vij
Juris Falcons Law Group

Check at LOCAL SRO.

Even a deedwriter in SRO office area can revert to you per LOCAL precedences, practices, rules, SoP etc

Ideally one should have original docs or certified copies from O/o Authortiy that has registered the deed.

Copy of FIR, newspaper application may be basic requisites even at your location.


If you are unable to resolve on your own; You may take help for any matter from, elders of your family, competent and experienced well wishers, seasoned PIP’s, helpgroups, community leaders, NGO’s, experienced colleagues, associations, religious scholars/leaders, influential persons, Employee’s/Trade union leaders, help groups for spouses (Husband/wife)  etc and  find a very able LOCAL counsel specializing in concerned filed of law e.g; Revenue/Civil   matters as in your case, and well versed with LOCAL applicable rules, precedence, latest judgments etc …. and worth his/her salt, can advise you after examining all case related docs, inputs,  evidences on record.

Obtain proper legal opinion in writing!

Avoid acting on your own on hearsay.

One should not fall for IT’s and entities loitering at online portals to allure unsuspecting querists. There are many threads on such instances at LCI also.

Online discussions are not substitute to in person discussions with a very able counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in concerned field of law.

There are such very able counsels at each location.

Check for such counsels at LOCAL; O/o Tehsildar, Revenue/Civil Courts, HC, SC,..

You can also try for FREE legal Aid from Legal aid center (DLSA) that is usually within LOCAL courts complex..preferably from a very able counsel specializing in Revenue/Civil matters.

Your counsels can advise after examining all docs/record/inputs pertaining to your matter and help you. You can also search threads on similar query in SEARCH option ON left Hand side of threads in Forum/Experts section. Having learnt a lesson, remember to consult beforehand for your matters or any matter about which you are not properly informed.


The FEE of all LOCAL counsels at all LOCATIONS is not high/unreasonable as mis-believed by many.

Many counsels even at State Capital/Metro towns  do not demand unreasonable high FEE.

IT is rather at online portals that unsuspecting querists are mislead as per many publications, by IT’s and Entities that pose as some Lawyer (actually LIAR) and flaunt/advertise firms that are not Law Firms (Actually LIAR’s Firms) to believe that LOCAL counsels are not knowledgeable..are incompetent.

In Reality the LOCAL counsels win cases in LOCAL courts at all LOCATIONS.

You can go thru/search the cases contested by any Lawyer at court website.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu