LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajesh (Manager)     25 July 2010

Gift Deed

Situation : My mother and myself own a property and want to do a gift deed in my elder brother’s name.

Challenge: My brother was born to my mother's first and late husband and i was born from her second marriage.

Current : Actually ,we met the sub register and he suggested that i first make a gift deed in my mother's name, so i have done this and it has been registered and the Khatha has also been fully transferred in my mother's name.

Question : Now my mother would make a gift deed in my brother’s  name and close the loop, are we doing the right thing ? Pls clarify

Learning

4 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     26 July 2010

Dear Rajesh,

Yes your mother can gift the property to your elder brother.

regards.

sujatha (supervisor)     26 July 2010

Hi all,

I am sujatha... and   a widow. and my husband  died in  june  2007.

Me and my husband  were  living seperately  from the  in laws...as well

My father in law  has a property  which was  his  own..and not inherited  from his ancestors.

Since  the  in laws  were not in good  terms with us, they have executed a gift deed  of the property to his youngest son.

I have approached the court  for  claiming maintainance ..

Is it possible  to get  maintaince or a  share of the property  they have acquired?

please suggest?

Regards,

Sujatha.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     28 July 2010

yes

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     07 August 2010

Sujatha,

This property is Your father in law and he has owner of the property so he can executed a gift deed  of the property to his youngest son.

In this case your not any right. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register