Getting poa cancelled- after registration

i had issue a power of attorney to my brother to buy a flat as i live in other state.
he executed docs in 2008 for home loan and paid of home loan in 2011.
the power of attroney was registerrd.
i want to get the registerd power of attorney cancelled and working on the process.
want to know if i should go for a sale deed rectification/correction after getting the power of attorney cancelled since the sale deed reflects his name as poa agent.
please advise . want to ensure i dont have any problem when i want to sell this property in future



All acts done by POA holder on behalf of principal during the validity of POA are legal and binding.There is no harm if property documents are executed by your brother on behalf of you and you do not dispute those transactions.


 If your brother on behalf you, purchase the property then you can transfer (sale or other wise) the same, there is no problem.  You can cancel the POA given by you.  or sent him a registered notice by acknowledgement due that you are cacelling the POA.


Threre is no harm if sale deed has your brother's name as POA. The property will always belongs to you. You can cancel the POA by sending POA cancellation notice.


Any Registered POA should be Cancelled at the Concerned Registrar Off ice only. Or else it would be alive and valid. The Sale Deed is executed by the POA on behalf of your self only and there could be No issues regarding the same and no need to make any further entries in it.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu