Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohit Bansal   26 July 2018

Getting marriage certificate not older than 6 months

GM,

I got married in July 2016 and i got it registered in Aug 2016 through eDistrict delhi govt.

Now i want to apply for visa and they need marriage certificate which is not older than 6 months. The one which i have is nearly 2 year old now.

Is there any document which i can use to show our marriage?

I believe it will be illegal to re-register marriage. And the certificate which i download from delhi govt site has just one date which is registeration date.

Is there any other way.

Regards,

Mohit

Learning

3 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     26 July 2018

The marriage certificate you got from the Registrar of Marriages East Delhi district is absolutely valid. You can download fresh marriage certificate from their website and even if that shows the registration of marriage date of 2 years back the copy of download of the marriage certificate will be of recent date, show that its recently downloaded copy of the marriage certificate from the official website of district east Delhi. All countries immigration officials are well aware that marriage is registered one time only but you can get copy of the marriage certificate anytime and that should be a recent one not older than 6 months, this is what sought from you.

Thank you for your reply. But Certificate does not say anything about today's or download date. It just has registration date.

Thank you for your reply.

But Certificate does not say anything about today's or download date. It just has registration date.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register