LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashokan Achuthan (Service - Head Legal & Company Secretary)     15 October 2012

Getting heir certificate

My Father died intestate and left properties in Mumbai and in our Native place also. It is decided that the Property in Mumbai will be shared between the Brothers and the Properties in Native place will be shared between the Sisters. I want to go for a Heir Certificate in respect of my Property. What is the procedure i should follow. Where shall i register the Partition Deed? How will i get my Heir Certificate? What are the Documents required for the Heir Certificate?

Ashokan

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     15 October 2012

Dear Mr. Ashok,

Following documents are required for applying legal heir certificate:

Death certificate

Idendity Card of all the legal heirs.

Ration card of all the legal heirs.

Prescribed application form by affixing a courtfee stamp.

The purpose for which the certificate is applied for should be mentioned in the application.

You may call on 9324538481 for legal assistance.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

S Jadhav 98336 98330 (Jadhav & Associates)     15 October 2012

Mr. Ashokan Achuthan,

Since your father has passed away intestate, you will have to approach the Court.

But first since you already have arrived at a family arrangement of partition of your father's property, I suggest you put it down on paper i.e. document the arrangement. Take the help of an advocate to prepare your case to file for the heirship certificate and to confirm the family arrangement. Register the arrangement too.

You will require the proper documents as stated by Advocate Rohit along with your PAN cards.

S Jadhav

charuhasini (advocate)     15 October 2012

M R O is the compentent authority to issue legal heir certifice.you make application to the MRO in prescribed form .applictaions may be available in MRO offices.next steps are same what the the mr.rohith mentioned above .court fee stamp rs is  RS.2/-only.come to the next point if both properties belongs to same district .you will registered the partion in the registrar office where your propety belongs.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register