LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sameer Sharma   11 June 2019

Genuine validity of regd will

Both my parents are aged ,, we are two siblings , me and my 7 years younger sister ,, my sister is happily married ,, my father and mother both have different properties urban-rural in both punjab and himachal ,, my relationsgip with my parents is great and both strongly want to pass-on all their moveable bank-accounts fdrs etc and immoveable buildings and lands to me and further to my son ,, i have two daughters also but i also wish to gift or pass-on everything to my son ,, about 10/15 years ago my father executed a registered will that his all moveable-immoveable assets shall pass on to my mother after him and also mentioned that same assets shall further pass-on to me after mother ,, similarily my mother also made an identical will " EVERYTHING TO MY FATHER AFTER MY MOTHER AND AFTER FATHER ALL TO ME"
as quantum of property is ample i am fearful my sisters husband could challenge my succession ,, please guide me as to regards of above detailed two wills of both my parents ,,  are these conditional wills accepted in spirit in court of law or how can my brother-in-law create hurdles ??? 

Learning

2 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     11 June 2019

All properties will be transferred to you after your mother as will is executed in your favour. If will is challenge then you have to fight out the case. 

1 Like

Sameer Sharma   11 June 2019

Thanks for reply ,,  Sir ,, two such wills have been made by both mother and father ,, is it clrearly executed in my favour , i mean can a person make such a will to pass on property to his/her spouse to be held till he/she is living and after his/her death the same can be transferred to their son ,, i mean is it clear or bit confusing allowing space for litigation ,,

on what grounds will can be challenged and what more i can draft to prevent challenge to will

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register