LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     18 October 2009

GRAND FATHER PROPERTY- RSIDING ONE GRANDSON-NO LEGAL PARTITI

Hello sir, I m Rahul 4m pune, I m residing in a house, which is a joint property registered on my grandpapa name, but 10 years ago, during partition between my Papa and Two uncles, all legal documents of the building had been taken by my Elder uncle, we just have a stamp paper stating that we can live in this house, now the problem is that we want to get registered the house as a joint property, but no one is giving us response, we want to leave that house but cant lieave it as it is not registered, we are afraid that once we leave that house, my elder uncle will take its posession and we wil loose that house, please advice me how to get the house registered, is there any legal action I can take. I will be thankful to you if u can suggest me any way. thanking you rahul.

17/10/2009 22:23:54 Delete Comments

Learning

2 Replies

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     24 October 2009

Don't fly kite in the air. Get some documentary evidence from land record office, society, registration office, bank or whichever place you can lay you hand on. If the house stands in your grandfather's name, your uncles can't dispossess you  or sell it till eternity. At the same time, you can't sell your share without getting title in your grandpa's name.

Dhiren Akbari (advocate)     26 October 2009

agree with Mr. Anil. ownership of the property can be decided only after checking the title documents. if said property is in name of your grandpa then all legal heirs shall have right in the property and neighther your uncle nor you can sale the said property. better you hold the possession till you ensure the ownership of the property and secession thereof.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register