Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Narayana Swamy (security)     03 March 2017

GHMC permission of multistoreyed building

Sir,

My neighbour started constructing G+5 Multistoreyed Building inspite of  objection from us and the Builder had voilated terms and conditions by blocking road and dumping constructing material on the footpath etc. When i filed RTI application to the Deputy Commissioner,GHMC (Circle office) to give information whether the builder has got permission or not and i got reply from PIO,Deputy commissioner saying that they are not having any records of multistoreyed construction as it is available from GHMC Head office and they forwarded my RTI letter to CCP(Chief City Planner). I have two questions,please clarify.

1) If the builder gets Multistoreyed building permission from GHMC Head office,Is the copy or information about the building permission is forwarded to the Circle office (Deputy Commissioner/ACP and zonal commissioner office or not ?

2) Suppose if permission for Multistoreyed construction is not granted by GHMC head office,and the builder still goes for construction without permission then Is Zonal commissioner,Deputy Commissioner or ACP have power to take action against builder ?

Please clarify.

Thanks,

K.Narayana Swamy

Learning

6 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     04 March 2017

PIO DY commn cannot give such irresponsible reply. They should obtain the informationj from the concerned office. You can also complain to Lokayukta against GHMC on your issue.

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     04 March 2017

The bldr is supposed to display the approved plan at the site. This is one of the condition imposed by GHMC in the sanctioned plan.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     04 March 2017

Have patience and wait for the response.  Only if the approval is on record, they can provide.  Either approval may not be there or it is in transit.  In all other Corporations, now the approvals are placed in website, and as per Central Government, before Mar,2018 every Municipality should place the approved plans and all the process should be on through on line.  If you are in a hurry, get injunction or make a complaint to concerned authorities for obstruction of passage and enter litigation with your neighbour.

Have patience and wait for the response.  Only if the approval is on record, they can provide.  Either approval may not be there or it is in transit.  In all other Corporations, now the approvals are placed in website, and as per Central Government, before Mar,2018 every Municipality should place the approved plans and all the process should be on through on line.  If you are in a hurry, get injunction or make a complaint to concerned authorities for obstruction of passage and enter litigation with your neighbour.

Narayana Swamy (security)     04 March 2017

The builder did not display the approved plan at the site and also started destroying Trees  on the footpath because he has full influence from political side. We have approached High court in December 2016 and the councel for GHMC stated that the " permission is not granted and no activity is carried out " but the builder started construction from November 2016 and now the first floor construction is going on. We have also filed one suit in District court for getting injunction order.The councel for builder submitted counter in the District court that he has applied for G+5 permission on 19th September 2016 and permission sanctioned on 5th January 2017 by GHMC head office and he submitted copy of the building permission copy(uncertified copy) in the District court .Here,are some interesting things happened.

1) The Councel of GHMC in the High court stated that there is no permission granted and no construction activity is carried out but the buildder is saying that he had applied for building permission on 19th september 2016 and GHMC has given permission on 5th jan 2017 and the builder already started construction work in November 2016. Is this comes under comtempt of court ?

2) The builder is saying that the permission granted on 5th Jan 2017,but the builder had already started construction work before the permission is granted and now laying 1st floor roof. How the 1st floor construction starts within 1 month period ? Is this a voilation ?   

3) I searched the submitted building permit number on GHMC website,but it is not visible.I doubt its a fake permit number and immediately i filed another RTI application to the commissioner,GHMC to provide certified copy of that building permit number to know whether it is authentic or not. 

Please give your valuable advice regarding any alternative ways to stop construction.

Thanks,

Narayana Swamy

1 Like

Surprising.  When you have engaged a Professional advocate on same issue before District Court and High Court, who can be a better judge than him.  Can not he advise further course of action or getting such a stay order against constructions, or seek that information basing on which Approval was given in Jan, 2017 and as to whether the builder is following the stipulations as per permission/approval.

Have not you documented and created evidence of construction even before permission.  (This is a typical issue, as commencing the construction is at the risk fo builder / owner, as authorities have the authority to demolish unauthorised constructions)

Is it proper to seek guidance without informing full facts when you have already engaged a professional who is well aware of all facts ?. (There is lot of difference between your first post and latest post..you have not informed your efforts with DC and HC and permission etc., in first post)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register