Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subhankar Das (SSE)     27 July 2011

From 16 without TAN

Hello Sir,

I have received FORM 16 from my previous Employer without TAN. They mentioned PAN. My Taxable income is NIL. Can I submit my return without TAN. Please suggest a suitable solution for that. If I missed this year return then can I submit my subsequent return in the coming years. At this stage please guide me.

regards,

Subhankar

Learning

6 Replies

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     27 July 2011

1.You can find the TAN of your employer at the link below:

https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/knowtan/knowtan.jsp

2. Alternatively the employer would have filed his TDS return wherein he would have mentioned his TAN so register for your PAN on efiling site once registered download your 26AS form it would contain the TDS of your employer.

3. Else call up your employer and ask for your employers TAN.

4. In case your Income is below the limit of Rs 5L you are not bound to fle your returns but still you may file later than 31st July

Thank you for the reply.

The link you provided, I did not find any matching name of my previous employer. I called them they informed me that they have applied for TAN. 

My previous employer did not deduct any TDS from my income during my tenure. Hence I could find any 26AS.

My income is below 5L limit, so probably IT department not behind me. But I want to file Return.

Another question, Absent of TAN of Previous Employer, Is it a issue while applying for a home loan. I have all other documents (like appoitment and Release letter) with this employer. Please suggest.

thanks,

Subhankar

You can always file a return TAN no of employer will only be required if any tax has been deducted since no tax has been deducted you can file your tax return online using the attached form ITR1 and can upload the XML directly to the IT site and send the form V to CPC, Bangalore.

https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/index.jsp

Attached File : 115844 198263 1 copy of 2011 itr1 r6.xls downloaded: 254 times

Thank you for your reply. 

I have filled the excel sheet properly and verified. Now what to do? How can I upload the XML file to IT site. Also which documents I need to send to CPC, Banagalore. Please guide me. Here I see I dont need any TAN number of my employer.

Once you have verified than create a XML you will find a option for generate XML and then press save and save the XML to your desktop.

After that login to the link I had provided above the user name is ur PAN and password that you would have created. If not registered than click on register new user it will ask some details like your DOB and secret question and a activation link will be sent to your email address.

Once logged in you will see a submit return link click on submit Select form type ITR-1 and No for digital signatures than upload the XML that you would have saved on your desktop. Once uploaded you will receive a PDF on your mail ID that will be your IT return that you need to send to CPC, Bangalore. No documents are required to be submitted with the return.

Once processed at CPC, bangalore you will receive a intimation at your mail ID.

Thanks for your reply. I got the message that my application is successfully submitted but not received any email till now. Anyway I download the PDF file from incometax site. I think thats my PROOF of IT return. I will take a print out of the pdf, sign properly and send it to Banagalore by Ordinary post within 120 days. Everything seems ok now. Thanks for your help again.

regards,

Subhankar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register