LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VIVEK BHATT (Freelance writer)     26 January 2013

Freelance writer - how to pay income tax

i am a freelance writer getting payments from abroad via Paypal and other money remittance methods. I want to know the procedure for filing income tax returns for the year 2012- 2013 in the coming assessment year.

Do i have to calculate the taxable income on my own via bank details and then pay the tax amount? What if the income is below 2 lacs, do i file return then too? Do i have to verify or get the income details validated from some other authority for determining the exact amonut of tax that needs to be paid? 

If someone could provide me a step by step guidance that would be indeed of great help.

Learning

4 Replies

Neha Sharma (Student)     03 February 2013

Hi Vivek

Income Tax efiling is a very simple process and can be done online without anyone's help

If your Income is less than the taxable limit which is Rs. 2,00,000, you are not mandarily required to file your Income Tax Return

Abhay Pratap (Taxation Software)     30 January 2021

Hi Vivek ITR efiling is a simple process and can be Made online without help If your Income is less than the taxable limit which is Rs. 5,00,000, you may file your Income Tax Return, In NILL ITR.

Read more at: https://www.softdevloper.com/soft/computax_software.php

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register