Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bindu Madhavi (Unemployed)     05 March 2017

Free legal aid

Hello everyone,

My husband applied for divorce 10 months back. We had 3 mediation sessions but nothing worked out.

I am taking care of my kid from 5 years. I'm not employed right now, looking for better opportunities and so not in a position to take up lawyer expenses.

My lawyer is asking for % in final settlement, hearing charges and so on. 

Highly appreciate suggestions about free legal aid in Bangalore.

Thanks.

Learning

6 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     05 March 2017

you may approach Legal services Authority

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Bindu Madhavi
Hello everyone,

My husband applied for divorce 10 months back. We had 3 mediation sessions but nothing worked out.

I am taking care of my kid from 5 years. I'm not employed right now, looking for better opportunities and so not in a position to take up lawyer expenses.

My lawyer is asking for % in final settlement, hearing charges and so on. 

Highly appreciate suggestions about free legal aid in Bangalore.

Thanks.

Dudd iskond case haakteeni anta case hakdene fees kittkollo lawyergalu iruvaga, free legal aid kathe govinda go-vinnn-daa.

What your adv has suggested and asked is fair price.  That much any lawyer will take.  If rooms for discussion are still open, have you thought about re-joining the husband for the sake of the kid?  Coz of both of you simply child will be fatherless, or have you already made other arrangements to get alternate father for the child? Anyways it is always good to rejoin.

If the divorce case is contested, it wont finish in this lifetime.

However each court premises has free legal aid block which you can avail of.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     05 March 2017

You can  approach District Legal  Services Authority for free Legal Aid which would select a good lawyer from  among a panel of lawyers to carry out  Legal SERVICES FOR YOU FREE OF COST OR FREE LEGAL Aid..

Thank you Mr. Suri.Sravan Kumar and Ms.Usha Kapoor 

@Helping Hand  Thank you for your suggestions.

Yes, i understand but i don't have any other option apart from hiring a free lawyer praying Govinda :)

My lawyer is more focussed towards money matters. He always discuss about payment but never discussed about the case. 

Yes, i would like to rejoin for my kid's sake but the case is in court now. I did'nt compel my husband for maintenance of kid till now as i don't have any other arrangement and wish my kid get both the parent's affection which is his right.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 March 2017

Other thread at: 

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Free-legal-aid-633936.asp

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register