Fraudulent alteration in agreement to sale

I entered into an Agreement to Sale my apartment at Mumbai. The prospective buyer, whom I had mistakenly assumed to be an honorable retired defense officer made some changes unilaterally and, taking advantage of my urgency, made me enter into the sales transaction. The society was complacent in this whole deal and did not come forward to assist me! Do I have any remedy against this patently criminal act? Being 80plus, I am not in a position to follow up the matter, having relocated to Nagpur.

Advocate

How is that the Society is being blamed? Was the transfer effected through a registered deed?

invoking S.19, S.19A & S.20 of Indian Contract Act, the agreement entered can be challenged that it is a void agreement

The transfer has already been registered. Society issues a NOC to effect the transfer. Society did nothing to cancel the NOC which was vald till 31st March 2019. I am feeling cheated.

Advocate

The explanation sd above lavks clarity. Anyhow, the NOC from the Society cannot make any material difference

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu