LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil Dabir (Proprietor)     11 July 2019

Fraudulent alteration in agreement to sale

I entered into an Agreement to Sale my apartment at Mumbai. The prospective buyer, whom I had mistakenly assumed to be an honorable retired defense officer made some changes unilaterally and, taking advantage of my urgency, made me enter into the sales transaction. The society was complacent in this whole deal and did not come forward to assist me! Do I have any remedy against this patently criminal act? Being 80plus, I am not in a position to follow up the matter, having relocated to Nagpur.

Learning

6 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 July 2019

How is that the Society is being blamed? Was the transfer effected through a registered deed?

Kaey   14 July 2019

invoking S.19, S.19A & S.20 of Indian Contract Act, the agreement entered can be challenged that it is a void agreement

Anil Dabir (Proprietor)     15 July 2019

The transfer has already been registered. Society issues a NOC to effect the transfer. Society did nothing to cancel the NOC which was vald till 31st March 2019. I am feeling cheated.

P. Venu (Advocate)     15 July 2019

The explanation sd above lavks clarity. Anyhow, the NOC from the Society cannot make any material difference

arif khan   31 August 2019

file suit for declaration that alleged sale is void on grounds of misrepresentation.

arif khan   31 August 2019

also approach police file complaint u/s. 420 ipc
also if u unable to do follow up yourself, appoint an specific power of attorney with power to letigate to some trusted person.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register