LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kiran Kumar   27 March 2019

Fraudulent Activity

I had written a screenplay for a movie which I wanted to direct back in 2016, based on a short story of one of my friends, the movie did not take off in 2016 or the next year 2017 but a friend of mine found funders and took my scriptt promising a certain percentage in the movie profits since they had no money to pay, then & also I co-directed(most of it I only directed) since it all seemed fair and completed the shoot and everything & out of curiosity recently I asked how much % they are planning to give & they aren't responding & secretly they are planning to sell the movie and I feel cheated and its a hell lot of work I haven't gotten paid for and the whole Screenplay is solely mine.

My question is how can I claim what is by right is mine and how do I go about it logically?

Learning

5 Replies

Shashi Dhara   27 March 2019

U issue notice them and take stay not to release until the suit is decided in court of law..give complaint to film chamber .

Kiran Kumar   27 March 2019

so i have to go to film chamber & lodge the complaint directly or are there any other things i have to do before that?

Shashi Dhara   28 March 2019

U go to court and also complaint tofilm chamber.if u compromise in film chamber then u can withdraw the case .

Shashi Dhara   28 March 2019

First u go to film chamber

Kiran Kumar   28 March 2019

Thank you Mr. Shashi, i will be going to film chamber.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register