LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sai narayana   15 February 2017

Framing of issues after or before affidavit stage

Business : Petitioner is present. Respondent is absent. Chief affidavit of PW1 filed. For appearance of PW1, call on 27.02.2017.
Next Purpose : FOR APPEARANCE
Next Hearing Date : 27-02-2017

I am the respondent and i was absent on the above divorce case hearing dt 12.02.17. 

According to the above case status, the petitioner was present and filed her affidavit without my presence and without even serving me a copy. Is this allowed? 

2) When the petitioner already appeared, why the court is calling for her appearance on next hearing date 27.02.17. Is my case has been set exparte against me in favour to her?

3) When will the issues be framed in general, after both parties filing their affidavit or before the affidavit stage itself?

Learning

8 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : sai narayana

Business
:
Petitioner is present. Respondent is absent. Chief affidavit of PW1 filed. For appearance of PW1, call on 27.02.2017.

Next Purpose
:
FOR APPEARANCE

Next Hearing Date
:
27-02-2017

I am the respondent and i was absent on the above divorce case hearing dt 12.02.17. 

According to the above case status, the petitioner was present and filed her affidavit without my presence and without even serving me a copy. Is this allowed? 

2) When the petitioner already appeared, why the court is calling for her appearance on next hearing date 27.02.17. Is my case has been set exparte against me in favour to her?

3) When will the issues be framed in general, after both parties filing their affidavit or before the affidavit stage itself?

Copy would be with your advocate. No way that copy will not be served.

Apply for copy and take it from copying branch.

Go appear in next date for furhter issues.

Originally posted by : Helping Hand !

Business
:
Petitioner is present. Respondent is absent. Chief affidavit of PW1 filed. For appearance of PW1, call on 27.02.2017.

Next Purpose
:
FOR APPEARANCE

Next Hearing Date
:
27-02-2017

Copy would be with your advocate. No way that copy will not be served.

Apply for copy and take it from copying branch.

Go appear in next date for furhter issues.

I am defending myself without advocate in Dec,16 itself as i was duped by him in interim maintenance case.

Sachin (N.A)     15 February 2017

If you was absent it is your duty to collect certified copy from court.

I was present on 02.02.17 but the petitioner was absent. The next date was immediate 12.02.17 i could not attend because of very short gap of 10 days only and I have to travel 800kms on each side to attend each and every hearing. The petitioner came on that day and filed her affidavit.

(Guest)
I was present on 02.02.17 but the petitioner was absent. The next date was immediate 12.02.17 i could not attend because of very short gap of 10 days only and I have to travel 800kms on each side to attend each and every hearing. The petitioner came on that day and filed her affidavit.

Thats why you need to have a advocate representing you in court of Law.  dont lose heart.  Hire a good advocate this time around.  Am sure you will find one.

Please convey like on my profile by visiting it at

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/profile.asp?member_id=84464

A walk alone (-)     15 February 2017

Please convey thanks to @ Helping Hand ! on his profile.

sai narayana   17 February 2017

Business
:

Next Purpose
:
FOR APPEARANCE

Next Hearing Date
:
27-02-2017

Update:

I got copies of affidavits to my address, sent by her counsel.

But the copies are just the computer printouts with only her advocate sign and her own siganture was missing and even not signed in Deponent's place. Shall I return or keep them with me?

I want to use some documents to cross exam her on the next date of hearing. Is there any procedure to make the court consider them well before the cross exam (or) I can directly cross exam with those documents to her surprise.

sai narayana   17 February 2017

Originally posted by : Sachin

If you was absent it is your duty to collect certified copy from court.

Brother,
Small update about my case,

Today, I got copies of Chief evidence affidavits to my address, sent by her counsel. 

But the copies are just the computer printouts with only her advocate sign and her own signature was missing and even not signed in Deponent's place. Shall I return or keep them with me? 

I want to use some documents to cross exam her on the next date of hearing. Is there any procedure to make the court consider them well before the cross exam (or) I can directly cross exam her with those documents to her surprise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register