LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhoomika (Independent)     14 September 2012

Format for list of witnesses

My case is before Civil Judge Senior Division (Pune District Court). I want to file list of witnesses. Is this format below ok, or do I need to fill any specific forms/ some other template? (I posted this in experts forum but there are no replies yet, also I'm in a bit of a hurry because I have to appear tomorrow, so if anybody could show me the correct format that would help.)
-------------
N THE COURT OF CIVIL JUDGE SR DIVISION

_____ S/o _____

VERSUS

_____ S/o _____

LIST OF WITNESSES

1- Complainant herself.
2- NAME, The _____ of _____ along with relevant record of _____dated _____
3- NAME, The _____ of _____
4- Any other witnesses required later on shall be produced before this Hon’ble court.

Dated ________

Appellant

_____ S/o _____ R/o _____

Signed--

Learning

3 Replies

Bhoomika (Independent)     14 September 2012

I found  this on vakilno1:

[No.2A
List of Witnesses Proposed to be Called by Plaintiff/Defendant
(Order 16, Rule 1)
Name of the party which proposes to call the witness
Name and address of the witness
Remarks]

SR   16 July 2017

Hello Ms Bhoomika,

I was researching on this issue as well.  Yes, the form and format of No. 2-A is the correct one to submit the List of Witnesses.  The Format is available in Appendix - H (Miscellaneous) of the C.P.C. Bare Text / Act.  I don't believe it requires further confirmation given that it is specified in the C.P.C. itself.

P.S. I know this is a Reply to an old query from 4 years ago.  But I'm posting the above Reply hoping that it will assist someone in need of an immediate answer.

S.R.

Advocate, Hyderabad

Amoolfe   27 April 2018

To complete the file of witnesses reading of this blog is much important. For having this ideal task in domywriting review work which is used in this blog readers can follow this blog website. Because this blog is shared on this website for making sure to gdet this blog in the reach of people.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register