Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mitra (ww)     05 November 2012

Format for hakka sod patra /release/relinquish (maharashtra)

dear friends,
case -
my grandfather passed away last year. my grandmother alive. my grandfather is survived by his five children, three sons and two daughters. my mother is one of his daughters.
grandfather had purchased a fully built house in the name of grandmother. grandfather also had received open plot from the government as recognition of his participation in freedom struggle of the nation. grandfather had also received another open plot from the municipal corporation on account of compensation of land acquired in road widening.
grandfather did not do any will before his death. his three sons are not in good terms with his three daughters.  my grandfathers all property, bank balance in custody of his three sons.
my mother wants to release / relinquish her share in above mentioned properties in favour of her four siblings on voluntary basis without any financial compensation for the same. so she needs to prepare a hakka sod patra  / release deed / relinquish deed.
1 - are all these names related to one and same document. if not what is the difference between them.
2 - should this document  be bilateral or unilateral i.e. is it necessary to have signature of all the other four sibllings or my mother can do it alone, similar to an affidavit.
3 - is registration cumpolsary or notarisation is enough. if  registration is needed then what would be the registartion fee (i am in pune, maharashtra and the document will be of type - one sister releasing her rights in anscestrol property in favour of three brothers and one sisiter without any financial consideration)
4 - is it necessary to mention all the property details (s.no./area) etc, as i don't have them and the three brothers are not willing to provide me the same. is it ok to say ' whatever movable and immovable assets that my grandfather left behind'.
thanks.
mitra, pune.

Learning

1 Replies

jayant   10 April 2015

can u plz send m the format of hakka sod patra.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register