LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankit Saha (CEO)     21 October 2012

Forgery and forensic test

Myself  and  complainant opened a partnership and did some transactions. Now  complainant claims the company was opened without his knowledge, he was  made partner  in the firm by me by forging his signatures on bank opening forms and other documents. Now forensic exam is being taken up by IO. 

•  Bank ac opening forms of the firm with complainant’s sign are taken as questioned documents.
  •   Some of complainant’s signatures from other transactions were collected and taken as original signature documents.
  •  My signature imitating complainant’s forged signature was taken.

Now the questions are

1.  If the questioned signature and regular signature match, it will be considered NO FORGERY?
  2.  In case they do not match, will I or my wife becomes accused and can be punished? or
  3.   Only if my imitation sign matches with forged sign, will I be considered as accused and be given punishment?
  4.   In case my imitation signs do not match with forged sign, will I be given clean chit by court?

Learning

3 Replies

RAHUL KANSAL 9041629676 (ADVOCATE)     21 October 2012

helloo ankit,

i am answering to your all questions as under here:-

1 yes then it will not be considered no forgery moreover you will be at liberty to file a suit for damages for malacious prosecution and for defamation.

2  yes you can be held guilty and if your wife is also partner inthe firm or the complainant has filed a complaint against both of you the you both can be prosecuted.

3  yes you will be held guilty and also can be punished

4 yes and you may be get the benefit of doubt  in that case.

1 Like

Ankit Saha (CEO)     21 October 2012

Dear Mr Kansal,

Thanks for the reply. 

In case questioned and confirmed signatures of complainant DO NOT match and my signature also DO NOT match with questioned signature,

1. Will I be given clean chit by IO?
  2. Or do I have to get a clean chit (or benefit of doubt) only at court?
  3. Can I appeal against CFSL analyssis in any lther competent organisation or it can be done only in the courts?

regards

Ankit

Dax (Owner)     07 February 2013

hey hii ankit.... just wanted to know how was the forensic test procedure done... i mean, u wer asked to sign or imitate the complainant's signature in ur way...? pls reply soon...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register