LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

varghese (drvargheseae@gmail.com)     28 March 2013

Foreclosure of personal loan a/c

With due respepct submitting the following for guidance and advise please.

That I have availed a personal loan on my credit  card from ABN Amro Bank duirng the year 2008, and continusly paying the EMIs without fail, but  due to retirement,  self decided to foreclose the  said loan a/c for which requested the bank thru email to foreclose the same.  Received reply from them that they have already forwarded my case to Branch Manager, but branch Manager never initiated anything to foreclose the loan a/c. Whatever collect for the foreclosure of the loan a/c had been utillized for paying the subsequent EMI's and the laslt EMI was paid on July 2011. During the period between March 2010 to last week of April 2013 (nearly 3 years ). nobody from the bank ever initiated any action to close this  a/c,. but to  my utter surprise, last week of Feb.2013, two people came infront of my residence and askmed to pay the balance due amount pending with ABN Amro Bank. On enquiry then told me that they are coming from Kotak Mahindra Bank. I have not received any notification about this transfer of liability to some other collection agencies fromRBS Bank/ABN Amro Bank so far, and again self requested thru email, RBS bank to resend the notifications issued to all concerned with regard to the trasnfer of balance loan amount to Kotak Mahindra bank. I have received a reply from RBS bank that they have already forwarded m y concern to the concerned authority, but nothing emerged so far.

When RBS bank has not taken any action on my personal request to foreclose the loan a/c.  self approached M/s Debt Doctor India Pvt.ltd.,, Bangalore, a Bangalore based  ISO 9001 company who takes care of  interactions with the lender and the bororower to settle the matter amicably, and they are  on the jon.

Now, Kotak Mahindra is asking for settlement immediately, but self requested them to bear with me as the matter has already been referred to RBS Bank Ombudsman and Debt Doctor India Pvt. Ltd.

As per my calculation near 1.10 lacs, including principal with interest is pending out of which self requesed for final settlement of 55-60 k in 4 instalments.

Since am a retired person, and totally depending upon my children,  your kind advise on this matter is highly appreciated.  Its the bank's fault, as they have not taken any action to foreclose this a/c long back during the year 2010.

With regards

l

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register