LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shantanu Chatterjee (Financial Analyst)     29 November 2017

Fir for loss of passport and reissue of passport

One of my friend lost his passport during robbery in his house 2 years back and there is a case which is going on in the court against that robbery.At the time when he lost his passport he has filed a FIR for the same and mentioned the name and passport number of his wife and self as he was having a Xerox copy for the same.But he was able to mention only his daughters name against loss of passport in FIR as he was not having a copy of the same , hence the Passport no. was not mentioned the FIR. Now when he has requested the passport office for reissue of passport of his daughter, the passport office has asked him to submit FIR report and specifically mentioned that the FIR should have the Passport number of his daughter. It is understood that FIR can't be changed now but incase if he has been able to track the passport number now what can be the possible solutions to resolve this issue - I know that that now if he can get an affidavit authorized by a Judge stating the Passport no of his daughter , this can be resolved. But is there any other possible solution where Police can issue an additional Investigation or affidavit report stating the passport number now with reference to the FIR where he has mentioned his daughters name?? If this can be reissued and will it be accepted by passport office. OR Pls let me know if there is any other possible solution ??/ Appreciate your response on the subject matter.

Learning

1 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 November 2017

The person concerned or his daughter also have the option of approaching the higher authority, the Minister included, or approaching the High court and getting instructions/directions being issued to the Passport Officer concerned.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register