Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj (Operations)     20 December 2014

Final settlement (f&f)

Respected Friends,

I worked in a Private organisation for 2 years and moved out for better prospect. Unable to serve full 1 month notice and with my Manager's permission was able to get Relieved earlier. I.e. out of 30 days I served 20 days of Notice period. Post completion of my Handover they provided my Relieving letter.

I resigned on 16th Aug'14 and relieved on 7th Sep'14. But they did not give my Salary for Aug'14. When asked they said it will be provided after 45 Days with Final settlement. Even after 45 days I have not got my Salary and no one is replying to emails or Phone#. This situation is faced by lot of Ex-employees of this organisation. There are employees who are waiting for their final settlement from last 8 to 10 months.

Everyone are keeping quiet because no one have time or money to move this legally. Is there any Ray of hope to get our hard earned money after loyally worked / served an organisation? Because it very badly affects people like us who are highly dependent on their Salary to take care of family.

Is there any Labor department email address where we can lodge a complaint.

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 December 2014

Relieving letter signifies that nothing is pending at the end of employee and employee has been properly relieved, post acceptance of resignation.

The day of payment of wages is fixed and employee can lodge complaint the moment the payment of earned wages is delayed even if by a day and employer can be penalized say by Rs.7500/instance....Salary slip has to be supplied at least a day before disbursement of wages::::you may refer to Payment of Wages Act;13A, Min.Wages Central Rules:26(3,4)....

FnF wages are to be paid on last day in office or within say next 3 days or max. by usual pay day as defined in Payment of Wages Act , enactments applicable to the establishment e.g. (Name of the state) Shops and Commercial Establishments Act, standing orders(certified/model).......etc 

All affected employees may join hands and approach employee;s/trade unions leaders, Labor Law consultant/Service matters lawyer and approach:

Inspector appointed under : Payment of Wages Act/Shops and Commercial Establishments Act

o/o Labor Commissioner

and your counsel/lawyer may advise that you can lode complaint u/s 406,420 and even file winding up petition.........................

Raj (Operations)     23 December 2014

Thank you very much Mr. Kumar, However is there any contact you can provide us at Labor Department. Kindly send an email...

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 December 2014

Search from Google :Dept. Of Labor (Name of your state) Your lawyer can advice you on which shall be appropriate govt. in your case: state or central....and accordingly you can approach...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register