LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

estranged wife (Housewife)     09 March 2017

Filing cd containing audio/video recording in family court

I have to file a CD containing audio/video recording during my evidence along with documents in Family court. My lawyer is saying this is first time CD will be filed in family court so he dosent know much. He is saying just mark it as Annexure and give.I read it has to filed along with certificate under section 65 B of indian evidence act. Who will give this certificate? I recorded a video of my husband abusing me on my mobile and later transferred it in a CD.I have the original mobile with memory card with me.Please Guide me.Thanks.

Learning

6 Replies

(Guest)

The said CD cannot be filed in the court.  All such should be in original format only.

1 Like

estranged wife (Housewife)     10 March 2017

Mr.Ramesh Singh I have no idea how to file in family court.I just want to know correct procedure so that it is accepted as evidence.

No Helping hand it is not compulsory. While searching on net I came across cases where call recordings have been submitted in CD or pendrive In family court and accepted. Someone submitted along with certificate under section 65 B. So I posted my query looking for correct procedure from lawyers on this forum.Thanks.

Thankyou Mr.Ramesh Singh.Husband filed divorce in Jaipur family court.I have filed RCR case in another city.I have to submit a CD which contains video recording of my husband abusing me which I need to submit along with other documents.Husband has hired a very influential lawyer who will try his level best to see that the CD is not accepted as evidence hence I want to know the law properly. Battle between husband and wife is an unfortunate battle where both loose.I am persuing the legal battle for self respect after suffering silently for years and ruining my health and career.

(Guest)

Any gali galoch, mukka laat type  video of husband and wife fighting wont be of much help to either of the party.  These are normal in any marriage.  If you ppl have applied for divorce, chances are it will be dismissed when you provide such video to court.

SinghSingh (Service)     06 July 2017

What electronic evidence is admissible in the Courts in India? In which format?

Is whatsupp conversation admissible....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register