Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Muqeeth Ahmed (Associate)     27 March 2014

File case against water works

Hello,

I am a graduate working with a corporate company in Hitech city Hyderabad. I would like to know what is the procedure to file a case against a Government organization for failing to fulfill their requisite duties.

My concern is, after I acquired water connection on my property in the year 2009, there were no bills sent for almost 2years by the HMWS & SB.

Later after a while they send an accumulated bill of almost 10000rs along with a notice stating, we've failed to clear the outstanding bills on time.

This is simply illogical, initially they don't communicate about the bills which are to be paid and later they send such a huge bill along with interests which can cause any middleclass a heartstroke.

I will be meeting the Water works Engineer to rectify this, if they fail to provide a resolution, I would be going forward to file a case.

Please advise what is the best course of action.

Kind Regards,

Muqeeth Ahmed

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 March 2014

Yes, you can first give a letter asking them to be lenient enough to accept the payments in installments since it will not be possible to pay such a huge sum within the given time especially when the notice for payment has been made suddenly without any prior intimation, if the authorities do not pay heed to your request letter, you may adopt legal action against them, contact a local advocate who is conversant with the local rules in this regard and proceed as per his advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register