LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NAYANMONI   08 November 2017

Fiduciary

Dear Sir/Madam, I need a serious and prompt answer from you and that is DOES ANY INDIVIDUAL or VERIFYING AGENCY or ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY CAN ACCESS MY BANKING DETAILS OR MY BANK ACCOUNT STATEMENT WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE OR AUTHORIZATION?

Learning

11 Replies

(Guest)

Answers are yes and no, both. But all that depends upon descripttion of your problem appropriately. Any brief reply to your academic query may only get you confused,

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     08 November 2017

Yes. It is police, investigating agency and IT department by the appropriate order from concern authority.

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 November 2017

Banker is under obligaiton to main secrecy of customers account ever from inception of the Banks except for the following reasons.

a)In their own interest

b)at the request of sister banks,

c)law enforcement authorities (Police, court, income tax)

In case bank has not followed such laid down norms, there is deficiency of service by banks.

1 Like

(Guest)

Ms. NayanMoni,

Hope your purpose would have been served at least to some extent. Mr. GLN Prasad has given you the most appropriate reply, which depicts the answers, yes and no, both, as I pointed out. But still, if you have some reralistic problem, the answer may perhaps serve your purpose only partially. You may better discuss the real problem, as you are likeli to get some most appropriate advice, as per the provisions of law.

However, if your purpose has already been served, you need not reveal the exact problem.

(Guest)

Ms. NayanMoni,

Hope your purpose would have been served at least to some extent. Mr. GLN Prasad has given you the most appropriate reply, which depicts the answers, yes and no, both, as I pointed out. But still, if you have some reralistic problem, the answer may perhaps serve your purpose only partially. You may better discuss the real problem, as you are likeli to get some most appropriate advice, as per the provisions of law.

However, if your purpose has already been served, you need not reveal the exact problem.

(Guest)

Ms. NayanMoni,

(Guest)

Ms. NayanMoni,

manoj   09 November 2017

No individual body is not having right to open your bank account get the details. Even when you call the call center they cannot access your account, but on security questions they can access your account to get the details. there is no any fiduciary capcity to operate the bank accounts details. But when there is any enquiry on your account details the investigation agency should follow the due procedure to get the account details. The Police is having every right to get the account details when FIR is registered against any account. So there is no any fiduciray option to operate bank account details by the stranger.

manoj

advocate

1 Like

(Guest)

From the replies of the experts so far, you could well have understood, both, yes and no are true to one or the other extent in different circumstances and requirements.

(Guest)

Depends upon, who requires the information. Law can be moulded to the extent required by the competent authorities/ effective representatives of the case. Flexibility in law can make or mar a case, as that depends solely upon who is on the other side.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register