LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krish   01 May 2016

Fees to do gift deed in hyderabad, telangana

I am planning to do a gift deed of my apartment to my mother name.

Could you let me know the current charges applicable in Hyderabad, Telangana?

Based on my research, I need to pay stamp duty, transfer duty and registration charges

A person who provides these services said about 4% combined for above 3 charges but I just want to get a second opinion, to not get taken advantage of.

Thanks in advance

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)
Hello sir am,Advocate from Hyderabad.i do all kinds of Drafting work.in case if u need further legal assistance u can,send me,personal message.Thnk u...Balachander Reddy,Advocate

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     01 May 2016

There is a separater Counter opened in all Sub-Registrar's office to guide citizens and to provide information in writing about such fees.  It is always better if the deed is drafted by an expert and  better than by ordinary document writers or as per formats downloaded in websites.  An elderly mother must be protected of her ownership rights with proper drafting of gift deed.  If gift deed is not proper, gift may become curse for her  in future with litigations.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 May 2016

The stamp duty and the registration charges can be found from the local SRO's office. The transfer charges can be known from the society/association.

You can take the help of a document writer for drafting gift deed and he may even help you get the gift deed registered at a nominal charge/fee.

Do not fall prey to the unscrupulous brokers who may cheat you with tall assurances which may end up false. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register