Farbror vs nephew settlement deed

Dear Friends,

My unmarried Farbror (Father’s Younger Brother) is aged about 52, he don’t have any own heirs to manage his own ancestral property which he got vide a partition deed. Now, he decided to make a settlement deed on my name beacsue i am the only beloved person to him and the care taker. As I am the Nephew to him he likes to do that, but the Local Sub – Registrar is advicing us to make only Sale Deed or Will. "Settlement deed could not be able to do and you have to pay the tax of 8% for the registration and only the blood relative’s only can able to execute settlement deed".

On this matter I need yours advice to proceed. Is it Must to Pay the Stamp Duties for the Guideline Value ? Is there is any way to execute Settlement Deed at the appropriate Charges except 8% stamp Duties on Guideline ?

Need Suggestions and Opinions. Whichever is Possible kindly share the appropriate acts and laws to ask the sub – registrar.






Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu