Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nirvan09   24 May 2016

Family relation marriage concern

Hello Team,

I'm in great problem about my marriage and need a legal adive to resolve the same. I and my girlfriend wish to marry each other but the situation is far different then the normal scenario. 

I and my girlfriend are Hindu (some community from UP). We have develop deep bounding with each other since many years and now wish to become life partners. The problem is, we both are part of a bigger family tree and would like to know the legal method to help us marry each other. Her maternal grandfather and my dad are cousins. Does that comes under same blood relation? In either of case, plz let me know the legal way out to marry each other.

A kind request to please response genuiely and legally. Please feel free to ask for any further information if required. 

Appreciate your kind response at the earliest !!

Regards,

Nirvan

Learning

7 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     24 May 2016

File not visible.

The relationship comes under  sapinda relationship and is prohibitive.Act according to the advice of the elders of both the families.

(Guest)

What type of cousin is your father with maternal grandfather of girl? Family tree must be seen to establish Sapinda relationship. If both boy and girl convert to Christianity then the situation could be remedied. Please consult a senior lawyer before making any decision on this matter.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     25 May 2016

Conversion to another religion for a marriage which comes under restricted relationships is not the solution.Here the relationship between two families is involved which may break up due to irresponsible decision of the children.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     25 May 2016

In south india marriages with maternal uncle's daughters or even with maternal uncles are prevelant,though genetically not advisable.Hence unless U provide the exact relationship there cannot be a conclusion.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 May 2016

Blood relationship marriages are not affected in maternal side in south, as marrying mother's brother, or mother's brother's son or daughter are most preferred in AP and TN.

You need not even worry about the similar genetical problem, as the relationship you have stated is too distant, and rare genes are less in number, and you may find out the ancestrol genetical problems if any that was noticed during past two generations

Marriages among paternal relationships, (Agnites) are barred under Mitakshara Law.)  

Vijay Dubey (HR)     25 May 2016

On the face of the statement it's coming under the sapinda relationship under the Hindu Marriage Act. But as you said his maternal grandfather is cousin of your father, we have to look at the family tree of the each side upto the common ancestor. According to your statement, her maternal GF is your uncle which seems unusual. Please share the details or consult some good lawyer near to you. Regards Vijay Dubey

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 May 2016

Other than the question of sapinda relationship, is there any other objection from the families? The aspect of sapinda could be sorted out by the families.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register