LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ryan (Consultant)     22 October 2014

Family pension

Apologies if this is not the right forum.

I have a question on Family Pension for divorced daughters.

A Friend of mine got divorced and got an alimony of 6 Lakhs Rupees. Can she claim for Family Pension

if he father has retired and expired?

Is there any minimum alimony or maintainance which makes her not eligible for family pension.

Thanks and Regards,

ryan

Learning

6 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 October 2014

where was father working

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 October 2014

Family pension is for the wife of the deceased, you may clarify the details asked by expert Mr. Sudhir if you want proper opinion along with more information.

Ryan (Consultant)     25 October 2014

My Father was working with the Central Government (Department of Space).

The Central Goverment made an amendment stating that - After the death of the person in service

Divorced daughters are eligible for family pension. Hence the query.

Is there a minimum amount of alimony also prescribed for this is my question to prove that

there is no other independent source of income.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 October 2014

so he is covered by CCS(Pension)Rules

the definition of family is

Child' means a child of the Government servant who, if a son, is under 1[twenty-five] years of age and if a daughter, is unmarried and is under 1[twenty-five] years of age and the expression `children' shall be construed accordingly ;

Footnote : 1. Substituted by G.I., Dept. of P. & P.W., Notification No. 2/18/87-P. & P.W. (PIC), dated the 20th July, 1988, published as S.O. No. 2388 in the Gazette of India, dated the 6th August, 1988.

Ryan (Consultant)     28 October 2014

Hi Sudhir Kumar, I was referring to: https://profit.ndtv.com/news/corporates/article-widowed-divorced-daughters-eligible-for-family-pension-government-327302 Now what is the minimum: minimum family pension and dearness relief for an central government employee.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 October 2014

Apprently you have not contacted the deptt

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register