Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ankurgupta   25 April 2015

False qualification/fraud?

Hi,

My wife is raising a allegation in court (with the DV case filed) that its a fraud marriage. I got married in August 2013. I am a mechanical engineer by profession.

However, I mentioned B.Tech + MBA as my qualification in the advertisement for marriage. Though I later disclosed this to her and her parents and told them that I wasn't able to do it as I was working abroad (in Japan) at that time. I started my MBA Marketing in 2013 itself and completed in 2015.

Now, after almost 2 years that she is aware of the facts, she is raising this allegation again in court that there was a marriage fraud - just to boost her extortion plans as she wants a divorce and asked for 25 lakhs compensation.

Can anyone advice how to counter this allegation and what's the legal remedy for this?

Thanks.

Learning

4 Replies

FREDYCHARLES RK - Bangalore (Advocate)     25 April 2015

Hi Ankur,

you are not alone with this awesome 498A and avenging angels on earth. The degree issue is a small not so relevant issue. If  you are in Bangalore we can connect.

Hire a good advocate and fight back. you have remedies under Extortion, false evidence,putting person in fear of injury,grievious hurt,perjury etc

KarmaHaunts2015 (owner)     25 April 2015

You seem to have completed MBA, so now there is not much of a problem, Outright deny wife's allegations. Profile on Matrimony portals are not legally permissible documents unless a person admits what was posted was true. Consult your lawyer

saravanan s (legal advisor)     25 April 2015

whatever issue you had about the qualification doesnt amount to fraud in this context.only when the act you have committed  affects the married life to such extent that it becomes impossible to lead a normal married life its considered to be fraud.

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     26 April 2015

Sir,

Apart from that contest on merits and say that I forgot to mention in the advertisement pursuing MBA simple ...

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Adv

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register