Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vic (working professional)     09 December 2013

False dowry case

Hi,

Some days ago i got a notice from girl's father that we asked for dowry from him and due to which, the marriage between me and his daughter couldn't commensurate. I replied to that notice that the allegations are false. The girl and i are in love with each other, so she gave me written email and an affidavit that all allegations are false and it is his father which is a hurdle in the marriage. The girl is saying the truth as we want to marry, but her parents are usually scolding and they are severly against the marriage. They mostly want that if i marry, then all there conditions should be met. They should get money from their daughter for life time, which their daighter has written in the affidavit also. 

Now, my question is:

The girl is innocent and sometimes, she goes on to her parent's side and starts thinking that she should also put a false case and sometimes, she is on my side. So, in case i decide to marry that girl, is there a way that i can get an agreement done that she should avoid contact her parents and in case of divorce, there won't be any property distribution and also, is there a way, i can protect myself from false 498A case.

Learning

3 Replies

Pooja Hegde R. (Advocate)     09 December 2013

No, you cannot protect yourself completely despite such agreements in India.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     09 December 2013

you cannot make such type of conditional agreement which violates her rights .

vic (working professional)     09 December 2013

Thanks for the response. I got to know about pre-neptual agreement that can help both of us in case after sometime, we decide to separate? Are such agreements helpful in any way?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register