Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Narayana Swamy (security)     12 May 2013

FIR not registered

Dear all,
I went to our local police station to file a complaint against antisocial elements in our locality,the head constable on duty refused to acknowledge my complaint by saying that SHO is not there.After 3 months,I sent that complaint to SHO through speedpost and a copy is submitted in person at police commissioner office by taking acknowledgement.But so far,the local police not yet registered FIR. I would like to know whether can i give my complaint copy directly to Police commissioner and sending main compliant to SHO through speed post?Now what should i do for registering FIR?Please help.

Thanks,
K.Narayana Swamy

Learning

5 Replies

Lawrence William (Service)     12 May 2013

DEAR fRIEND,

COMPLAINT PROPERLY DRAFTED WITH EXACT PLACE DATE AND TIME OF OFFENCE AND WITH NAMES AND ADDRESSES OF ACCUSED, AND CLEARLY MENTIONING THE FACTS AND DETAILS OF OFFENCE COMMITED AND NAMES AND ADDRESSES OF WITNESSES WITH LIST OF DOCUMENTS CAN BE SUBMITED TO THE CHIEF JUDICIAL MAGISTRATES COURT AND UP ON HEARING COMPLAINENT AND HIS ADVOCATE THE COURT WILL ISSUE PROCESS UNDER SECTION 156(3) OF CRPC.AND ORDER THE POLICE OFFICER OF CONCERNED POLICE STATION TO INVESTIGATE AND REPORT THE MATTER.

IT HAS GOT THE SAME IMPORTANCE AS COMPARED TO COMPLAINT FILED AT POLICE STATION PLEASE NOTE.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     13 May 2013

File a complaint u/s 190 of Cr.P.C in court having jurisdiction.After going through complaint and,evidence,court if finds it just and proper will send the same to police station for investigation and report u/s 156[3] of Cr.P.C..

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     13 May 2013

Yes, higher authorities are there, but I dont think anything can be done, if those people are Don or Mafia of your locality.

RAJIV BHASIN (ADVOCATE) (Bhasin Legal Consultants(SOLICITORS & ADVOCATES) bhasin.laws@yahoo.com 9811210505)     14 May 2013

Dear Narayana,

You have got the acknowledgement from commissioner's office. you can file RTI and ask the status of your complaint and what action has been taken if no then why. moreover you can file complaint before magistrate / judicial magistrate  u/s section 200 Cr.p.C along with application u/s 156(3) Cr.p.C for direction to SHO for registration of FIR.

Rajiv Bhasin

Advocate

bhasin.laws@yahoo.com

RAJIV BHASIN (ADVOCATE) (Bhasin Legal Consultants(SOLICITORS & ADVOCATES) bhasin.laws@yahoo.com 9811210505)     14 May 2013

As per supreme court judgments police is duty bound to register FIR under each and every cognizable offence. you can ask for disciplinary action against police person who has not recieved your complaint and Investigating officer who is sleeeping over it.

Rajiv Bhasin

Advocate

bhasin.laws@yahoo.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register