Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jakkireddysureshreddy (Education)     27 March 2014

Extension petition in a civil suit

Respected Sir,

I have granted an injunction order in a civil suit by the court.And the defendant lawyer has filed an extension petition.The defendant lawyer is doing the same thing at every hearing date.What is meant by EXTENSION PETITION?What is the time period of a temporary injunction order?Does it need to be extended by any procedure?How to get an permanent injunction order?Kindly suggest me regarding these questions.

Regards

Learning

4 Replies

surjit singh (Assistant)     28 March 2014

I think there is no such thing like extension petition, there may be adjournment petition by which the counsels prays for adjourning the matter to another date. You say you have been granted injunction but have not disclosed whether it an ad-interim injunction or otherwise.

jakkireddysureshreddy (Education)     29 March 2014

Sir,

It is ad-interim injunction order.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 March 2014

In an ad-interim injunction, the counsel for petitioner can file a memo for extension of injunction on each and every hearing,   but to vacate the injunction the respondent counsel has to file his counter and should be ready for enquiry or argument otherwise it will keep extending every time.

jakkireddysureshreddy (Education)     11 April 2014

Good morning  Sir,

What is meant by vacating the injunction order?At the last hearing date , the respondent advocate had filed a counter and the hearing is postponed to some other date.Next what should i do?How to go ahead?Kindly suggest me.

Thanking you sir,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register