LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rupesh   19 January 2016

Extending date of hearing in civil court

a.) Is it possible for me to extend the date of hearing of  a civil case hearing?

b.) Is it possible for me to send a letter the court stating I cannot attend the hearing on the set date?

c.) Are there any other ways by which the hearing can be extended to another date and i do not have to go to the court or appoint a lawyer?

The plaintiffs have stated in the summon that I have to present myself in the court on the 10th Of Feb 2016. I live in a different state and do not have any interest or wish to be involved in the case and the case has been filed on me and my sister mostly for harrasment purposes. We haven't engaged a lawyer upto this point. I don't wish to attend the hearing because it is too much of a hassle for me as it is in another city far away from my place of residence.

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     20 January 2016

The proper way is to engage a lawyer , and act according to his advice in your own interest to avoid unforeseen problems that you may likely to face in future.  The court proceeds in it's way and can not wait for your presence and court gives only opportunity to you to present your versions, by postponing the proceedings, you are just postponing the difficulties and extending your problems.

Ashwin Kumar Ballari (PVT)     20 January 2016

Very True what  Mr  G.L.N Prasad told  you engage your lawyer or for first time Visit the court face the case and explain your diffculties to judge and sortout the problem.Extending date of hearing in civil court may not help you in long run.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register