Execution for recovery in consumer forum


I have won a case in consumer forum. But the trader is not paying the reward. I have filed execution, but he did not appear two times in recovery proceedings also. Magistrate said on next date he will give orders for attachments. His main shop is in another city than Consumer forum jurisdiction.

What details do I need to submit for attachment?

Can a rented shop be attached?

How to find Address of District Commissioner?


for the exeution of the order u can file an application under Sec. 25 of Consumer protection act, and can ask for the attachment of movable-immovable propperty belonging to him only. a rented shop can not be attached, only stock can be attached.

secondly u prefer an applecation under sec. 27 of the act, wherein forrum is powered with JMFC rights. failure to remain present he can be arrested and after trial as per Crpc he can be punished accordingly, for not obeying the order.

u can file both the applications at a time in the forrum but as two diff. proceedings.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu